As part of your obligations as a Company Director, and in the interest of carrying out works in accordance with The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 you are required to:
- Provide and maintain plant and systems of work which are, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health.
- Make arrangements for ensuring, so far as is reasonably practicable, safety and absence of risks to health in connection with the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances.
- Provide information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of your employees.
- Maintain in a condition that is safe and without risks to health, so far as is reasonably practicable, any place of work under your control.
- Provide means of access to and egress from any place of work under your control which is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe and without risks to health.
- Provide and maintain for your employees a working environment that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, safe, without risks to health, and adequate as regards facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work.
In doing so, your company must have a H&S Policy when you employ 5 or more persons.
Having a H&S policy does not automatically cover all eventuality and certainly does not cover all checks and monitoring arrangements required to ensure policy is kept up to date.
In addition, certain H&S regulations within your industry, may require you to carry out additional checks or provide certain contractual documents.
How can we help
Primarily, we provide free advice and guidance, just give us a call.
After our initial discussion, we can provide advice, guidance, and fees to carry out the following:
- Carry out a review of existing company documentation, systems, and procedures (applicable to your industry)
- Advise on gaps or none compliance
- Provide bespoke set of documents, systems and procedures
- Typical documents required
- H&S Policy (construction) or other industry
- Sub-contractor controls
- Construction Phase (Health & Safety Plan – CDM 2015 requirement)
- Site documents, site/plant/PPE registers
- Inspections checklist
- RAMS templates
- Project/manager work instructions
Depending on your needs, additional training can be give (or part of your package)